Copy of Letter to Citizenship and Naturalization at a Friend's Request (they're married for real!)

 Hello!


    I'd love to blog more, but don't have time! When I am asked to write something, as was the case with this letter, if I think it could serve someone else in any way (and if it's not too personal for someone of course), I'll share it on this account.  

   This could be an eye opener to some: when a 'newcomer' marries an American citizen, proof must be submitted that the marriage is legitimate.  For my first marriage we had to do an in-person interview, take in pictures, etc.  Nowadays apparently they let you, or allow you to, submit letters!  Hence this one written for a new, but dear friend, Neirivan.  Lots of Love~


November 29, 2022


To Whom It May Concern,



This letter’s purpose is to certify that I, Jessica Layne Pita, have been a witness to Robert Taylor and Neirivan Rossetti’s beautiful marriage, and love for one another.


Not only was I present on June 10th, 2021, the day of this couple’s small wedding ceremony, I’ve had the joy of becoming friends with Neirivan over the past year and a half. Neirivan is a woman of deep faith in God and Christ, a loving mother to her 3 grown children in Brazil, a loving and devoted spouse to ‘Bobby,’ a hard worker (at her bank job in Brazil), and she’s a true friend. ‘Neiri’ is also a typical Brazilian in that she’s: calm, doesn’t raise her voice often (if ever), very polite, fashionable, and laid back. I know that these are traits of the ‘typical Brazilian’ because I’ve been with ‘my own’ Brazilian life partner for the past 12 years. We’re not married by law (by our own choice), but we consider ourselves married by love (and please don’t worry, my husband is a U.S. citizen)!


Neirivan has turned out to be the perfect woman for Bobby. I know this because Bobby is actually my dad’s cousin! So I’ve known Bobby for as long as I can remember. He’s a good guy, personable, a dedicated father to his adult daughter, and a hard worker. Over the past several decades I would see Bobby here and there, and while I never knew much about his love life… I did know that he never seemed to have a steady woman, and I always figured that he would want that because he’s an upstanding and sincere fellow. Well, now we now that Bobby just needed to travel a little further to find his soul mate while on this earth!


-And what a gift that Bobby and Neiri have found each other, that these 2 wonderful individuals are happy together, and are making a life together in Louisville, Ky. They contribute to the wellness of our community on every level, as members of their church (Southeast I believe), Bobby as a successful real estate man, and Neirivan as a good friend to any and all that are worthy of this woman’s friendship. -I know Neiri has also developed deep bonds with Bobby’s family, his mother and the mother’s boyfriend. If memory serves, they have a game night together each Friday.


I sincerely hope that through Divine Intervention and the amazing dedication of the Citizenship and Naturalization Dept, Neirivan will be able to get her green card very, very soon! She’s so hopeful and eager to be able to be present for her son’s upcoming graduation from a military academy in Brazil.


Thank you for your time and energy on this, and all cases. For any questions I can be reached at 502-309-4155 or 786-307-5960.



Best,



Jessica Pita

Mother, JCPS Substitute Teacher, and Owner and Primary Pet Caregiver for Paw & Feather Plan Inc



Comments